Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wyatt's Anticipated Arrival

Oh wow, it's been a while. I've been slacking and I apologize. Many things have happened since the last post. For starters, Little Buddy was born. My doc decided it was time to induce since I was really swollen and my blood pressure was rising...which are signs of mild preeclampsia so it was a big concern. So, on the evening of Tuesday the 21st (pic below of me in the nursery right before we left for hospital below), we checked into the hospital and on Wednesday, July 22nd at 9:03 pm, Wyatt Carlos Dudley entered the world. He weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. He also had a full head of hair! We decided on his name when we both saw him. It just seemed to fit. :) I give Brent full credit for coming up with the name. His middle name is after my father. Below is Brent bringing little Wyatt out to meet the family after he was delivered.



The day itself was long. I was induced very early in the morning and after many, many hours of waiting, the doc decided it was time to perform a cesarian. Oh well. I knew it was necessary since the doc had said she would only perform a cesarian as last resort. Regardless, I am glad everything turned out ok in the end. The night Wyatt was born, he was eventually taken to the NICU to be monitored (his glucose levels were really low). That was very hard (not having him in the room to enjoy him) and it just seemed like forever before he was brought back. He finally was brought to our room a couple of nights later and that was the best feeling (to have him with us).

Thankfully the family was there when he arrived.. My sister drove in with my mom and nephews that morning. Brent's parents and brother were also there to share the moment. My brother came by the hospital as well. And what do you know...the Astros beat the Cardinals (4-3) that night. :) It was a great night for sure. Below is a pic of the family watching little Wyatt through the nursery window.



A few shots below while we were still at the hospital (with the grandparents, daddy, Titi Meche and mom):



We were finally discharged that Saturday early afternoon and the following 3 1/2 weeks were interesting as we got used to little Wyatt being home with us. We've been getting to know his moods and different cries. I love the little noises he makes when he's eating or sleeping. My mom stayed with us for some time and she helped us out tremendously with cooking as it was one less thing for us to think about. Thanks mom! We also have had tons of visitors (they came to see Wyatt, of course, not me. Haha). But it was all a good time. We are extremely happy. My favorite picture below of little Wyatt right before we went home. He is so precious. Looking at him and his adorable face makes all of the sleepness nights worth it. :)



The whole family is overjoyed and really enjoying little Wyatt. Below are a few shots from the past few weeks at home (with Uncle J, napping, with Abuela, with Tio Marco, and with his cousins):



We took little Wyatt to his first pediatric appointment a few days after he was born and he did very well. The doc was really nice.



Another big milestone during the past few weeks - I turned 34 on August 3rd. It was definitely a great birthday since I had received the biggest blessing a couple of weeks before. Spending my birthday with my family and the newest member was truly perfect. Brent's dad and brother brought us food from PFChangs so we hung out at the house and had dinner. It was delicious. Thanks guys!

Today little Wyatt is 4 weeks old and it's amazing how much he has grown and changed. How time flies.... I hope tomorrow we are not giving him the keys to the car. :(

0 comments: