The year 2009 was full of many blessings for us. In the beginning of the year, we purchased a cabin in Colorado, in the middle of the year, we celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary and then had Wyatt, and at the end of the year, we purchased a new home in Houston. Wow. We were definitely busy! Thank you 2009….we look forward to many more blessings in the future!
December was the fastest month ever…at least for me. I knew my ‘stay at home mom’ stint was coming to an end and with the holidays, I knew it was going to be over before I knew it! And boy was it!
We started Wyatt on solids earlier this month…specifically, rice cereal. He wasn’t too sure about it at first and the first few feedings were a challenge but he managed the change very well (eventually) and is now eating cereal like a champ! He is eating both rice and oatmeal cereal twice a day now. Soon we will start him on veggies. Looking forward to squash! Maybe he isn’t, but I am! Haha.
Another great event we had the chance to experience this month…snow in Houston!!! Yep! On December 4th to be exact. We definitely had a lot more than last year. This time it stuck long enough for us to enjoy it. There was still snow on the ground when we woke up the next morning! Yay for freezing temps!
I took Wyatt to the mall for the obligatory Santa pic. I had been dreading this. I mean, who wants to stand in line for hours and hours (thinking of A Christmas Story here) just to get a picture with a guy who barely looks like the real Santa??? But boy did we luck out. I went during the week right before lunchtime. We walked right up to the front (no line). Mind you, Wyatt was still sleeping when we got there so I had to take him out of his car seat and wake him up. He was so distracted with the decorations and music that he didn’t have a chance to cry. And the Santa was just perfect. We sat him on his lap, mommy made a few funny faces, and here is the result:
This month, I also experienced my first evening without Wyatt. We went to New Braunfels/Gruene for the Partner’s Christmas party. Good times. It was hard to leave him but I know he was in good hands with his aunt and cousin (thanks Meche and Aidan!). Aidan enjoyed spending time with his cousin. I couldn’t bear being without him for 2 nights so I decided to meet everyone out there on Saturday. So I drove 3 hours (very early mind you) on Saturday morning to take a 4 hour nap with my hubby (it was either that or play golf in the rain). Haha. We were just so exhausted and had to take advantage to catch up on our sleep. But that evening we definitely enjoyed ourselves…we started out with a white elephant gift exchange (great gifts btw!!), followed by a lovely dinner at the Green River Grill and then headed back to the bed and breakfast where we were staying (Gruene Apple Inn) and hung out/played games (shuffle board, air hockey, pool) with the others. I think we made it until about 1:00 am that night. I think. :)
To ease the transition of me going back to work and Wyatt going to daycare, we decided to do a trial run this month. We took Wyatt to daycare for a week so it wouldn’t be so hard for him (let’s face it, for me!) when I go back to work. I am glad we did this. The first day was so hard. I cried the minute I got back in the car. But I was a trooper…I let him stay there and I drove away. I have a great husband…he brought me flowers that evening. :) So I took him to daycare everyday for one whole week and I was extremely happy at the end of every day when I picked him up. Thankfully, he really enjoyed it and was a very happy baby. It helped knowing he was happy during the day.
We spent Wyatt’s First Christmas in Gonzales, LA at my sister’s house. My mom and her husband drove from Miami and my brother also joined us. It was nice not to have to fly anywhere. But we just enjoyed spending time with the family. We also played Jenga and dominoes, drank, roasted a pig (well, the guys did), ate lots of great food (thanks mom!), drank, opened presents (of course!), watched football and A Christmas Story, and did I mention we drank too? :)The adults opened gifts on Christmas Eve and the kids just loved to help us! We were thrilled that Brent’s parents sent us our Christmas stockings to have with us (thanks Bill and Jeanie!). How thoughtful! On Christmas morning, Wyatt fell asleep right when we sat down to open gifts (the kids’ turn!). Go figure. So we opened his gifts for him although he woke up from time to time. He did play with a few of his new toys later on. And my nephews got really nice gifts also! They definitely enjoyed the motorcycle bikes their Tio Marco got them. :) As I mentioned, the guys roasted a pig one of the days we were there. They woke up bright and early in the freezing morning to get started. Too bad they all ended up getting sick a couple of days later. :( But the pig was yummy! Thanks for your effort guys! Oh, and in case you were wondering, kissing the pig is tradition. :) That’s my mom in the pic.
And during all of this…we managed to find and purchase a house. The house is not very far from where we were (~2 miles north of the other house). It’s a little bigger and was recently renovated. Best of all, it’s in a cul-de-sac so that’s a plus for when Wyatt is old enough to play. It still only has 3 bedrooms but it also has a study and the kitchen is amazing. We moved in just yesterday and it seems like we still have a long way to go before we get settled in! It’s not easy doing it with a 5 month old! But thankfully my mom and her husband drove over from Louisiana to help out. They were SOOOOO helpful (thanks mom and Noel! Couldn’t have done what we did without you!). Now we just need to finish getting everything out of the old house and get it ready to place it on the market sometime next month. We need to get rid of some property! We’ll post some pics of the new house next month but here is one of the kitchen and another of I am with Wyatt, my mom, and my brother toasting!
And the year is now coming to an end. And what a way to come to an end…Wyatt got his first tooth today!!!! No wonder he’s been cranky. LOL. He also started sitting up a couple of days ago (tripod position…see below). So he’ll be sitting up much better pretty soon. And he’s rolling around like there’s no tomorrow. Our little boy is growing up way too fast. A few more favorite pics from this month: Falling asleep on his bouncy swing, taking a bath, with daddy after a bath, with mommy, and our Christmas card family pic.
Happy New Year!!! I'm done writing (for now at least)!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Goodbye 2009 and Thank You!
Posted by Brent and Yanira at 3:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment