Sunday, November 29, 2009

We are thankful for our family

This past month was all about spending time with family. From our trip to Miami, to Brent's birthday, and then finally, Thanksgiving in Weimar, we definitely didn't neglect the family. :)

Wyatt's first Halloween was very low key. We decided not to dress him up (I know, how boring are we??) but we'll make up for it next year, I promise! We just stayed home and watched college football that night (surprised?). At least he dressed festive. :) But one noteworthy development...Wyatt giggled for the first time on Halloween morning. We were in his room and I was changing his diaper and getting him dressed for the day and there it was...full blown giggle. There was no mistake. Brent and I just looked at each other...kinda like...did you hear that?? It made our day. We can't get enough of it now.



For Brent's birthday, Brent's family came over and the birthday boy grilled some steaks for all of us. Yes, we put him to work. Ha Ha. But the grandparents enjoyed little Wyatt and we enjoyed steaks, wine, and brownies. It was a good time. Thank you guys for coming over and making it extra special!!



November was also about Wyatt trying new things and just continuing to discover his hands and toes. He has really changed in the past 4 weeks. It's amazing the difference we see every single day. We started to let him practice the sitting position by sitting him in a bebePod. He likes it for about 5 minutes and then he screams bloody murder (like 'get me out of here!!'). Lol. We also bought him an ExerSaucer so he's been getting used to that. He gets bored of it after about 10 minutes since he can't reach everything yet...but at least he seems to like it sometimes. He also officially rolled over from his tummy to his back. He hates to be on his tummy so it has been a struggle to get him to practice this maneuver but he finally did it. He still doesn't like it very much but I make him do it. Yes, I am evil mom. :) NOT! Brent also got him to start sitting in his swing thingy. Our friends gave us one so we thought we'd give it a try. He wasn't sure about it at first but everyday, he gets more and more used to it. I think he kinda likes it....as long as he gets to munch on his fingers.



Wyatt and I flew to Miami for a few days earlier in the month to spend time with Abuela and Abuelo and also meet Titi Naty and his cousin, Luly. Luis had already met him when he was born so they just got reacquainted. My grandmother was also visiting from Puerto Rico so we got to see her as well. What a treat!!! She fell in love with Wyatt (of course!). After all, he was her newest great-grandchild. Overall, it was a really nice trip and they all enjoyed him very much (it's not about me anymore...at least I keep telling myself that!). :) He slept the entire flight back. Thankfully we had the entire row to ourselves so I didn't have to hold him the whole time.



Thanksgiving is always a great holiday. We were fortunate to spend it with Brent's family in Weimar. His grandparents and aunt were also there so we got plenty of family time in. Again, they all enjoyed Wyatt....even during his fussy times. :) Thanksgiving dinner was delicious. My favorite was the sweet potatoes...yummmm!!! We were all so full afterwards (it isn't Thanksgiving if you can't stuff yourself, right??). Anyway, during our time there, we tried to take some family shots (just the 3 of us) but I don't think we succeeded. We'll try again soon so we can have something for a Christmas card!!!



Looking forward to many more opportunities to spend time with our wonderful family!!! Christmas is next! Yay!

0 comments: