Thursday, April 29, 2010

Gettin' Around and New Adventures

April brought us many more developments and new adventures.

We started the month out discovering that Wyatt learned how to sit up on his own. Apparently, he had already done this at the end of last month, but mommy only saw him do it this month (thanks for not ruining it for me, Brent and Meche! :)). I found him sitting up in his crib one morning. I figured Brent had sat him up but, no, Wyatt had done it all on his own. Time to lower the crib mattress for sure!!!

Not long after, we discovered that Wyatt 'graduated' to a new room in his daycare due to his change in mobility. He wasn't crawling yet but he was rolling around like there was no tomorrow and he was already pulling himself up. The ladies said if he saw other babies doing it, he would probably crawl in no time. Of course, we were in no hurry but they were right...it took no time. In the middle of the month, he started with the pre-crawling/scooting/creeping. I would put my cell phone out in front of him to entice him and he would finally get to it with his 'sort of' crawl (scooting/creeping). Nearly 2 weeks later, he was crawling. He has such a cute crawl (he doesn't crawl on all fours). Brent says he kinda looks like a fiddler crab when he crawls. Lol. He crawls on one knee and scoots himself foward with the other leg. See pics below.



Coincidently, the day he moved rooms was also picture day at his daycare. Here are Wyatt's first official school pictures. Isn't he just adorable? Of course, we had to keep all of them since we couldn't pick just one. :)



Ah....the annual Bluegrass Festival. I was very skeptical about bringing Wyatt to camp with us for 3 nights. Instead, I compromised and decided we would join Brent on the 2nd night and camp the last 2 nights...with the option of leaving on Saturday if it turned out to be a total nightmare. Thankfully, Wyatt did great. He slept in his play yard both nights despite all the music and conversations in the background. He woke up a few times (no doubt his teething bothering him...at least that is what I told myself it was!) but overall, I was proud of the outcome. We had bought a new tent just before the trip so we could fit the play yard and all of our other stuff. It was definitely nice and roomy so I was happy.

Below, taking a break during our road trip to meet daddy (feeding time!).



And some shots under the group's covered 'common area'...conversing, drinking coffee, picking, drinking bloody mary's with the gang, feeding Wyatt, and Brent grilling fajitas for the bunch (Wyatt helped, of course!).



Below, getting ready to hit the festival our first day there. The carrier Justin (Brent's brother) gave us came in very handy. It kicked butt! Thanks Justin!!! We loved it and Wyatt eventually loved it...he even thought it was comfortable enough to take a nap in it. So cute. Will he ever forgive me for taking pics of him sleeping? I just think it is such an endearing moment when I catch him asleep. :)



Some shots from the second day at the festival. Again, Wyatt loves the outdoors so he is very happy when he gets to be outside. Gotta love his onesie. :) And he couldn't help but try on mommy's hat. Haha.



We thought Wyatt was ready for his 2nd Astros game so we went to a Sunday game towards the end of the month. Surprisingly we won...beat the Pirates 10-3 (although we watched through the 5th inning only...but we were winning then already). Of course, we had to buy Wyatt his first official Astros cap. He kept taking it off at first, but towards the end, he stopped fighting it. I believe it was because he was so exhausted. He gets serious when he's tired. Sure enough, he passed out before we got to the car.



Also this month, Wyatt finally learns how to hold the bottle on his own. Yay!!! Even though I love to feed my baby boy, it is nice knowing he can feed himself now! Especially when we're running around trying to get everything ready in the morning before leaving for daycare/work. He's growing so fast!



I also gave Wyatt some black beans to taste. The boy can eat. He has his dinner at around 5:30 or 6...and then when it's time for us to eat, he watches us intently as if, "aren't you going to feed me?" Geez. So I have started giving him some food from my plate from time to time....just for him to taste (beans, rice, chicken, pieces of wheat bread). He loves it! I think he also loves to be included.



Other fun notables...

Wyatt loves to watch the washer and dryer go round and round. Seriously, he can just sit there and stare at the machines for minutes at a time. Should I worry?? Haha. He continues to work on pulling himself up and he does it more often now using objects rather than our hands helping him.



Brent has been sparking an interest in instruments (from the beginning, really). He always played the guitar for Wyatt. But then he would play the mandolin, and more recently, the drum. I think Wyatt likes it! He bangs on everything! Oh no! :) But he does great with the drum.



Below, with his Uncle Justin. He loves his Uncle!



Four more teeth have broken through this month...yes, 4! Not so much fun for him nor the parents! Now he has 7 teeth! So we decided it was time to introduce the toothbrush (we probably should have done it earlier but oh well). He hates his teeth being brushed but he'll play with the toothbrush so that has to count for something, right?? ;)



As if everthing that's happened this month wasn't enough, I walk into Wyatt's room yesterday morning and find him standing up in his crib. He finally figured out he could do it in the crib (I should have known it would happen eventually!). So yep, time to lower the crib mattress one more time!



Tomorrow I will be getting Lasik enhancement surgery on my right eye. I paid for 20/20 vision after all, not 20/25! I know, I am crazy to do it all over again but I know it will be worth it in the end. It's better to do it now than later. I just hope recovery is not so bad this time around. It will be hard having to remember not to rub my eyes for the first month...and keep Wyatt's hands away from my face for that matter. :(

Well, I'm looking forward to my first official Mother's Day next month...among other events!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the pic with him standing up in the crib. Sleepy eyes and footie-pajamas. Yes!