Last Sunday was Father's Day so we drove to Brent's parent's place in Weimar to celebrate with his dad on Friday. We arrived early in the afternoon (to take advantage of the sweltering heat...haha) and just hung out and caught up with the family. Well, the boys got Mr. Bill an old motorcycle (1967 red Honda Trail 90) for his Father's Day present and gosh, he really enjoyed that thing! All the boys took turns taking a ride on it (I think they all enjoyed it, actually). I tried to stay outside as long as I could but it was just too hot...and of course, the Tigers were playing so I went inside from time to time to catch some A/C and some of the game against Arkansas (which we won! Yay!). The dogs were also hot but enjoyed getting in the water to cool off and then sit by the fan (cute). Later that evening we had fajitas for dinner and afterwards the Longhorns had their turn against Arizona State (which they won with 2 amazing home runs at the bottom of the 9th!). So yes, the Tigers are up against the Longhorns for the CWS championship game. Oh no...LOL.
We headed back to Houston on Saturday afternoon as I had to attend the baby shower of one of my friends. That night we had date night and actually went to a movie. :) We watched Up in 3D. It had been a while since I've watched a 3D movie. The movie itself was good but I was just so tired and uncomfortable for some reason so I was glad to go home afterwards. I am such a fun date. Haha.
Sunday we went to church and then ran some errands (it was extremely hot once again). We found a cute poster of giraffes at Michael's to hang in Little Buddy's room. We also got a couple of frames for some Ansel Adams prints that Brent had ordered. For dinner, Brent prepared a cornish game hen (which was really tasty!) and I made some brown rice and asparagus to go along with it. We were so exhausted by the end of the weekend and we had a long week ahead of us.
Alot of anticipation of Monday as it was Game 1 of the CWS (Tigers vs. Longhorns). What stress we went through....wow....11 innings so definitely a long game...but the Tigers managed to come from behind (tied it up in the 9th) and win the game (7-6). Tuesday was a different story...the night obviously belonged to the Longhorns as they won Game 2 (5-1). The Tigers did not disappoint in Game 3 as they won the game (11-4) and took home the national title. How 'bout them Tigers?? Still, we both survived the tension...but I have to say, it really wasn't that bad. I knew the Tigers would pull it off. :)
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Dads and Big Wins
Posted by Brent and Yanira at 8:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment