The weekend before last was the celebration of our 1st wedding anniversary (yes, it’s been a year…can you believe it?!?!?). We had originally planned to go to Fredericksburg and stay at a bed and breakfast over the weekend but the heat was just way too much so we decided to stay in town. We ended up staying at the Houstonian Hotel, Club and Spa on Friday night and we spent the following day relaxing at the pools. What we didn’t expect was the mass number of kids that would be there along with us…not so much relaxing but enjoying a Saturday at the pool (so much for a quiet and romantic getaway! LOL). The sun was definitely beaming but the cool waters of the Sports and Resort pools were definitely a relief. That night we went to the Astros game (vs. the Detroit Tigers) which we won 8-1! Sunday was just a laid back day. The weekend was nice all around.
Last weekend we celebrated Independence Day. My sister, brother-in-law, and nephews came to visit and we once again enjoyed spending a couple of days at the pool. Friday, we went to one friend’s pool and grilled fajitas. Saturday, we went to another friend’s pool and grilled burgers and hot dogs. Both days were hot and the water in the pools was not even that refreshing since it was warm (b/c it was so hot!) but nevertheless, that is where we hung out most of the time. And thank goodness for the shade. What was nice was that on my sister’s suggestion, I bought a float for the pool so I could actually lie on my stomach and get some sun on my back! Why didn’t I think of that?? It was totally worth it and it just felt nice to lie in a different position for a change. Brent gave Aidan some goggles and spent some time teaching him how to go under water. Aidan was very attentive and very keen on mimicking every move Brent made. It was so adorable. :) We were worn out on the both days after the pool…naps were taken, movies were watched, pizzas were ordered….lazy, lazy, lazy. But we really enjoyed the company and the extended weekend itself. The boys are just a joy to have around… they even enjoyed putting their hands on my stomach to feel the baby move. Alexander knew something was underneath and would lift up my shirt to see what it was. Haha. What a compliment...he must know I am not normally this fat. :) Anyway, I was definitely exhausted at the end of it all and needed an evening to wind down.
Sunday night we just chilled and grilled some steaks on the new grill (we got the grill last summer but it had stayed behind at our other house when we moved and just recently picked it up! Thank you guys for bringing it over!).
On Monday I had another biophysical profile and ultrasound done at the doctor’s office. Apparently, I am starting to have contractions (the active and crazy weekend probably had something to do with it!) so my body is definitely getting ready for the real stuff (oh goodness!). We are now making sure we’ve got everything prepared just in case Little Buddy decides to come early (hospital bags are packed, etc.). But I am feeling fine overall…just some cramping, tired, and I have swollen feet/ankles at times. Oh, the joys of being 8 months pregnant. Haha. Four more weeks to go!!! Below is a pic of me at 34 weeks taken sometime last week.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Celebrations - Anniversary and 4th of July
Posted by Brent and Yanira at 9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy anniversary, you guys. Wishing you a pleasant last few weeks before the delivery — as pleasant as it's going to get in 100+ degree heat, anyway :^)
Yani,
I'm so sad that we couldn't be together when I was in Houston... and you didn't tell me that you were pregnant! Renata is pregnant as well, our boy (Andre) will be born just after yours, by the end of August.
I have your blog among my favorites, now I will "follow you" to know the news. If you want to see some pictures and some news from us, check our blog http://cariocasemcuritiba.blogspot.com/.
Kind regards,
Rogerio
Post a Comment