Not that we need reasons to celebrate but June offered a few - from Father's Day, Brent's 20 year High School Reunion, and our 2nd wedding anniversary, to Wyatt saying 'dada' and 'mama' and getting his 8th tooth. Of course, there were other events during the month (like finally getting our dining room table, painting Wyatt's room, as well as friends/family gatherings), but these were just the highlights!
We had actually bought the dining room table over Memorial weekend but we had it delivered the first weekend of June. The dining room was empty for nearly 6 months so I am glad we finally found a table we both liked. And we have yet to use it...
It took a lot of effort to prepare Wyatt's room at the old house prior to his arrival so when we moved, I knew I was going to miss it. Thankfully, Brent offered to at least paint it. We picked the same colors we used at the old house but painted it differently. Below, Brent prepping the room and the finished product (well, it's not really finished since we still need to finish 'decorating' but you get the point). :) I am happy with the results (thanks babe!!).
Brent's grandparents planned to visit Weimar, so our arms were twisted (yeah right) and we headed out that way for the weekend.
Below, trying to get Wyatt into his new car seat. We learned that we should have 'test driven' it before the 1.5 hr trip to Weimar. He did not look comfortable and we had to make some adjustments before the return trip.
A few pics from the weekend. With the grandparents, the dogs loving the water, Wyatt enjoying his new swing in Weimar (thanks Grandpa and Grandma!!), and with daddy.
Standing on his own (doing it alot more nowadays) and taking just a couple of steps. Enjoying time with Grandma and taking in all of the adult gossip.
Posing for favorite great Aunt Jody. :)
Two calves were born within days before we arrived. They were so cute to watch. I don't think I have ever seen one that small.
Wyatt testing his limits. Trying to decide if he should go for it. And playing with Grammy.
Taking a break and posing for mommy.
Hanging out with Grandpa and enjoying the swing before heading back to the city.
Brent with his grandparents, favorite Aunt Jody :), dad, and Wyatt.
Edie enjoying the shade.
Back in Houston, the Schmitts kindly invited us over for dinner one evening. They have grandchildren so they were prepared to deal with the 11 month old. :) Thanks for the delicious dinner Dick and Jane! And also for letting Wyatt play with your grandchildren's toys!! We had a great time as always.
Below, Wyatt warming up to Jane (she did a great job making him feel comfortable). He's been going through the 'stranger anxiety' phase.
A few pics of the evening. Thanks Dick for taking such great pictures!
Then came time to celebrate Father's Day. I woke up when Wyatt woke up and we let daddy sleep in. I decided to make Brent some blueberry pancakes for breakfast, along with eggs and ham. I made Wyatt his own little plain pancake. They both ate breakfast together while I watched and enjoyed the sight. Too cute.
Wyatt definitely loved his pancake!
Or did Edie like it better?? She made sure to clean up after him!
Digesting breakfast...
I bought Brent a Burley bike trailer so he can go bike riding with Wyatt. So we all went for a ride to test it out! Wyatt fell asleep...but I think he liked it very much.
My good friend Tracey came to Houston to visit so she stopped by one evening with her daughter, Vivian. It was almost bedtime for Wyatt but he loves other kids so he was happy to stay up a little longer since he had a playmate! He did great...shared his toys and all. :) Tracey and I met in college so we've known each other for quite a while (almost 16 years!) and our little ones are about 6 weeks apart. Thanks for making a special visit to the Dudley house, Tracey and Vivian!
At the end of the month, we attended Brent's 20 year reunion in San Antonio. The grandparents did not object to taking care of Wyatt for one evening (yes!) so we quickly dropped him off in Weimar before they changed their minds. ;)
Below, Wyatt reaching for the piano keys (while in the grandparent's care). He apparently does not discriminate....loves the guitar, the drums, and now, maybe the piano? Awesome!
We arrived at the hotel in San Antonio and went straight to the pool to enjoy the sun and time alone. The mood was killed when a little girl nearly drowned next to us. The parents were thankful we were there to pull her up. Definitely a scary experience.
Later that evening, we met up with Brent's friends (Ben and Allison) for dinner on the Riverwalk and then we all headed off to the reunion together. We had a great time at the reunion and knew it was time to go when the party moved over to the 'smoky side'. Are we getting old or what? I definitely don't miss the smoky bars! But at least we lasted until 11:30pm. LOL.
Below, with Ben and Allison.
Having breakfast on the Riverwalk was a must since we were staying there so we enjoyed breakfast outdoors at a nearby restaurant. Here we are with our hotel in the background (La Mansion). I believe this is "Selena's Bridge" - the bridge Jennifer Lopez sat on during the movie 'Selena'.
After breakfast we headed back to Weimar to pick up the package. I was so anxious! We missed our little guy so much! But he had a wonderful time with the grandparents. I could tell by his 'all smiles' expressions! Isn't he just so happy? Well, most of the time, anyway. :)
A couple of days later, it was our 2 year anniversary. The gift exchange was interesting. First, Brent made me go to our room until he brought out his present for me. Then he had me come out and he pointed to a box that was on the counter. The box was for a window A/C unit. He said it was a practical gift but I would be happy once a hurricane came and we didn't have A/C because we would be prepared with this. I was like 'Seriously???'. Is he one of those??? Okaaaaaayyyyy. So, I went to go get his present and when I met him in the jam room, there was a nice bike waiting for me. Ha! You got me!!! Good one.... Can't believe I fell for it. :( Btw, he did buy the A/C unit...just not as a gift to me. :) I didn't get him such a grand gift but he liked his nonetheless. Below, enjoying my new bike.
That's it for the events. But, as always, I like to include some of my favorite Wyatt moments from the month. So many of them to share since he keeps growing so fast. He's already moved to another room in his daycare - Toddler Room 1 - it's hard to think of him as a toddler...he's still a baby to me!
Plus, he finally said 'dada' and 'mama' this month. First 'dada', of course, and then 'mama'...but still an emotional experience. My heart melts everytime I hear him say those 2 words. And yes, his 8th tooth came in although hard to tell in some of these pics.
I just love his goofy, food-filled smiles!
Uh oh...he discovered the roll of toilet paper. :(
Enjoying some black beans. LOVES those black beans!
Fitting him into his new car seat.
Practicing with daddy.
Intrigued by the rushing water.
Ready for a walk in the park and waiting for daddy when we finished (daddy went on a bike ride with Uncle Justin).
All smiles after a heavy 'spit up'.
We had given up on the sippy cup for a little while because he showed no interest. He would play with it or throw it on the floor so I put it away. But this month I brought it back out and now he's finally got it down! Thank goodness because I want to get rid of bottles next month!
Molly finally showing Wyatt some love. She realized he drops food so he is now her new best friend.
Wyatt is really cruising now. He is much faster these days!
Some reading time with mommy. He is better at this now too...he can sit still for a little longer before losing interest and wanting to take the book away or 'flip' through pages himself. We definitely have to read books with few pages. :)
Loving his waffles for breakfast. We are giving him table food more and more now...slowly but surely he'll be off baby food!
Playing with daddy's skateboard and mommy's sunglasses (LOVE this one. LOL).
Thanks for the wonderful memories June!
And next month, we're off to Puerto Rico for a week! Yay!!!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
What's Not to Celebrate?
Posted by Brent and Yanira at 6:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow, what a handsome, happy-looking little guy you've got there! Can't wait to see the whole Dudley family again.
Post a Comment