Monday, August 30, 2010

No Longer a Baby, but Still *Our* Baby

Wow. We have a toddler now. But he's only 13 months old?? What happened? Well, for starters, he is now walking like there's no tomorrow (whoa!). He's also sitting face forward in his car seat (what a trip!). He eats what we eat (actually, he probably eats better than we do....who would have thought!). He drinks cow's milk. He uses sippy cups and no more bottles. He 'talks' (no, we have no idea what he's saying). But he does understand what we're saying and responds with actions. All that and much more. Have I already expressed my discontent with his speedy growth??? Goodness gracious! :(

I am not saying these are all bad things...they are all GREAT things. But it seems like these things happened all of a sudden. They didn't, of course. They happened gradually, but with our busy lives, it's no wonder we've let these precious developments sneak up on us and take us by surprise!

For instance, nearly every day for the past few months, I had been playing 'eye, nose, mouth, ear' with him. Sometimes at home, but most of the time in the car on the way to or from daycare. All of a sudden (or so it seems), I ask him where his nose is and he points to it. Yay Wyatt!!! Same thing with his ear. We are still working on mouth and eye. :) But obviously, this was work in progress. :) And I get so tickled pink every time I ask and he gets it right! I know, very silly. :)

Same thing with asking him where his ball is (this was when we first started realizing he could understand what we were saying). He'd go look for his ball and bring it to us. Then with the milk...'Wyatt, where's your milk?'....and he'd go search for it. And so on... All we could think of was 'Wow' (remember, we are new to this!). Lol.

Not to mention, two more teeth broke through (total of 10 now!) and he finally stayed still long enough for us to trim his bangs. :) So he's got a brand new do. Haha.

Point of the preface is that I still, to this day, cannot believe the miracle of life. How Wyatt goes from a little 7 1/2 pounder to this 22 or so pound toddler in just 13 months!!!! I just love his expressions, his smiles, and his trademark poses. I look at his pictures from the beginning and can see how much he's changed yet how much he has remained the same.

August has truly been a month of surprises and realizations. Besides these Wyatt developments, I had a birthday, we went to a 70s party, I went to the Jack Johnson concert, and we went to the Frio river (see previous post).

So now, the pics of the month. :)

Who needs a sippy cup? Really, mommy, I do much better with a sports water bottle. And he does!!!! :)



Walking. This picture was taken in the beginning of the month so it was still very new and I just couldn't get over how he could walk all over the place as if it was no big deal. Plus, the 'peace' outfit was too cute. :)



Yes, they do enjoy playing with big boxes. With all the toys he has....... This was the box from his new car seat.



Oh how he LOVES those black beans. Could not get enough so he had to eat mommy's. Haha.



My birthday celebration at home. All I asked for was a sushi dinner and a cheesecake. I got both!!!



Watching daddy hard at work. Wyatt very much prefers to be outside so I think he was longing to be out there helping daddy.



Having fun at a group playdate. There were other kids there, I promise. :)



Brent playing some tunes while we watch/listen.



At Joshua's 1st birthday party. Below, with my dear friends, Mysia and Roxanne.



Enjoying the festivities at Joshua's party.



Brent and I were amazed how quickly Wyatt crawled up the stairs during this party. We don't have stairs so we have no idea where he learned to climb them! Needless to say, we had to warn the grandparents to make sure they blocked their staircases when they watch him!



With the birthday boy, Joshua. Thank you Joshua for sharing your new Radio Flyer!!!



Just random pics at the house. Playing outside, hanging out drinking his milk, and just playing around in his room.



Wyatt loves to be under things. He just gets a kick out of getting himself into shelves. Can you tell?



On another playdate with Joshua, again in the Radio Flyer. :)



During the month, Brent and his band played at a 70s party in Austin (for his friend, Ken's, 40th birthday). We dressed up and had a great time. Aside from the band, there was other very interesting entertainment... Below, a pic of us at the hotel before the party, random pics from the party, with his band, and the 'other' entertainment.



Bath time....always enjoyable.



Do we have a Linus? If we don't leave his blankie in his crib when he gets up in the morning or from a nap, he drags it with him wherever he goes. Thank you for his blankie, Lindsay...see, he uses it EVERY single night!



As mentioned before, Wyatt prefers to be outside. Which can be tough for us during these very HOT summer days. So we tend to wait until it's bearable (which isn't very often) but we 'suck it up' from time to time! Here, he is introduced to sidewalk chalk. Of course, half the time he just wanted to put the chalk in his mouth, but he got the idea, eventually.



Chasing his shadow. I thought this was very cute.



We finally cut his bangs. He looks somewhat different to me but still adorable. :)



With the skateboard. I guess it's a start. He just started walking after all.... Someday, he'll be a pro. Lol.



Enjoying the kiddie pool grammy and grandpa got for him.



My favorite pic of the month. :) He looks a little like me in this pic (when I was this age).



On to other not so fun happenings... Unfortunately, Brent did have another episode of enlarged tonsils so the doc has recommended to get them removed. Yikes!!!! We have not been looking forward to this but it has to happen (in fact, it's happening tomorrow). I hope this fixes it for him!

I am personally looking forward to college football season commencing next month. Woohoooooo!!!!! Geaux Tigers!!! Oh, and I guess Longhorns too. Love you baby! :)

0 comments: