We couldn't have asked for a better weekend to go to the Frio. It was absolutely gorgeous. We left all of our worries behind on Thursday afternoon and headed towards the Frio. It took us a little over 5 hours (little buddy required a few more stops than we're used to!). But overall, it was a good drive.
Brent took his usual arrival dip in the Frio (even though it was close to 9 pm) while Wyatt and I watched. The dogs were skeptical, but I think they all ended up joining him. :)
Next morning (Friday)...Wyatt is finally learning to take bites directly from the banana (instead of cutting it up into pieces for him). It was nice, since we didn't have his feeding chair for the weekend. Just thought this was cute since we had just woken up here. Lori, check out his PJs (although they are kinda hard to see here). :)
Seeing the Frio in the daylight...and just enjoying the quiet morning. I was actually surprised how well he did when I took him out here in the dark the night before. He was calm but held on tight. Maybe because it was past his bedtime so he was just exhausted??? The dogs were glad to see (or taste) the water too. :)
Time to take the little guy closer. Not so sure he was ready though. Maybe he wants to be in his swimsuit first. Haha. Or maybe the water was too cold? I hear ya buddy!
Hanging out at the cabin site....playing some tunes. Wyatt didn't want to be left out. I guess Marc didn't either. Lol.
The water was a little warmer by the afternoon so we knew it was time for Wyatt to join us. Thanks to Cody for letting Wyatt borrow his floatie!! :) Wyatt did great in the water (I was only surprised because I thought the water would be too cold for him...I must be a wuss because I thought it was too cold for me!). But anyway.... :) Hahaha.
With part of the gang enjoying the sun and the Frio itself. It was quiet most of the time...but there were moments were loud tubers passed us by...just part of it!
Eventually, Wyatt grew tired (or maybe bored) of the adult conversations and was ready to get out. What he wanted was lunch and a nap. Yes!
Thank goodness we brought the hammock. I probably took my only nap ALL trip in this hammock. Brent enjoyed it as well. Speaking of naps, Wyatt had taken a 3 1/2 hr nap after being in the river!!! The boy must have been tired!
More pics by the river (after Wyatt's long nap!).
Saturday morning...in the river while Wyatt was napping.
And Wyatt finally joins us after another long nap.
Some cute shots of the little guy sitting by the front door. He was content just sitting on the ledge and I took advantage of taking some candid pics.
Maria, you're hired!!!!! ;)
Brent's parents surprised us by showing up for just a little while on Saturday afternoon. I am sure they had an ulterior motive (i.e. Wyatt). Lol. Actually, they came because we were celebrating Justin's birthday during the trip so they brought cheesecake and we sang Happy Birthday. We love you Justin!!! Glad we could celebrate with you! :)
The dogs had a blast. They were so drained though. I guess the river does that (hmmm....that explains Wyatt's long naps!).
We went to Garner State Park that evening...they have a dance nightly at the pavilion during the summer. It was fun but we didn't stay too long. At least I got to dance a couple of songs with my little guy.
We were packing up the next morning and we think Wyatt wanted to take another dip before we headed out. What do you think? Lol. The cute things he does sometimes...
It's Justin's official birthday so we gathered to watch him open gifts....and just to hang out and take advantage of another gorgeous morning.
Enjoying the river one last time before we take off.
Wyatt was just gazing at the water...And we were too lazy to go change him into his swimsuit so we just stripped his clothes off and took him in.
I decided it was time to 'baptize' him in the Frio river. Except, we decided to dunk him instead. He liked it. At least he didn't scream bloody murder so we think he liked it. :) At least it woke him up. Haha. Good times!
Great trip. Thanks to Brent and Justin for coordinating!! Can't wait until next year!
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Frio River 2010
Posted by Brent and Yanira at 7:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment