Thursday, September 30, 2010

Enjoying Life's Little Pleasures

September has been about sitting back and really appreciating the little things. You know...nice weather, ice cream and milkshakes, music, family, hanging out with friends, college football, etc.

Although Brent was recovering from his tonsillectomy in the early part of the month, we still were able to get outside to feel the autumn air coming in. Wyatt wanted to play outside all of the time...which we were very thankful for. We welcome his desire to be in the outdoors. :) Plus, since he started walking, it's nice to just sit and watch him go.

So yes, Brent had his surgery and it went well. The recovery, on the other hand, was not fun at all. Well, the only fun part was that 'we' got to eat ice cream and drink milkshakes. I say 'we' because I could not very well let him eat ice cream and drink milkshakes in front of me without me 'assisting' in the consumption. :) I must have bought 3 or 4 1/2 gallons of ice cream and his parents brought him some too. Nice! Below, Brent sharing some of his milkshake with Wyatt. I think this was the first time Wyatt tasted a milkshake...and he liked it very much...he kept wanting more! :)



Since Brent was not feeling well (and who would after a tonsillectomy??), I decided to head to Louisiana with Wyatt over Labor Day weekend to attend my nephews' joint birthday party.

Here, the boys were just being silly together. I took tons of pictures of them playing but this was my favorite. :)



The outdoor festivities were about to begin...well, at least Aidan and Alexander were all lathered with sunblock and Wyatt was just going to watch. :)



The parents ordered an adult size slip-n-slide for the kid's birthday party. Oh yeah...it was SO much fun! The kids enjoyed it, but I think the adults really got a kick out of it. Especially Mercedes and Joey. It was hilarious watching them 'race'.



Wyatt did get to go with me on the slide a couple of times but he was still having fun on his own. :) On the swing (we know how he just loves the swing!) and his own little pool:



Taking a break to sing Happy Birthday, eat cake, and open presents. Oh, how I love my nephews!



Like I said (or have I???), Wyatt enjoys being outside. We'll go out to the backyard but most of the time we go out to the front and walk up and down the driveway or hang out in the cul-de-sac. Below, looks like Wyatt is showing daddy something interesting.



He likes to play with sidewalk chalk...and water.



Loved this one:



And this one: :):):)



Brent and the band had a gig in San Antonio and thankfully, Brent felt a little better by then so we were able to make the trip for the event. It was for a family member's 100th birthday celebration. Wyatt was entertained with the curtains, the drums, and daddy's bass. But I had to hold him back once the band started to play (he kept wanting to walk over to daddy while he was playing). This was Wyatt's first time listening to the band.


The day after the party was just gorgeous and we had to take advantage that we were staying at a resort with a pool. So we spent a couple of hours in the morning hanging out with the Anderson's before we headed back home since it's probably the last time we'll get to go to a pool this year.



Isn't their little girl, Lily, so adorable??? I'm not allowed to set her up with Wyatt. ;)



Worked up an appetite!



Men can get wacko from time to time. I believe it now. I mentioned to Brent that it looked like he needed a haircut. He said he was going to shave it. Of course, I thought he was kidding and being sarcastic. Little did I know he would actually go to this extreme since he always kept his hair on the longer side. Thankfully, it turned out pretty good! Below, contemplating what he had done (he's staring down at the pile of hair in the sink). No turning back now...gotta finish the job! And then showing off the finished 'look'.



The girls came over to watch the LSU game one Saturday. Wyatt watched intently. I couldn't be prouder... :) He also played peek-a-boo with Aunt Lori and Aunt Melinda. And yes, please forgive me for wearing the Texas shirt but they were playing earlier that day plus, Brent wore the LSU shirt so he represented. :)



We went to the Reimars one Sunday evening for dinner and to watch the Texans game. Here, the boys catching up with Chris.



We went to the neighbor's house to watch the Monday night Saints/49ers football game. Wyatt enjoyed the playdate with Jaanya, seeing the fish, playing with her toys, and pulling up/sitting on the bins. He just started doing that this month (pulling himself up on furniture). He still has to work on the 'coming down' part. :)



In Louisiana...the boys buckled up and ready to tailgate! We all headed over to LSU campus to tailgate for the LSU / West Virginia game. Both teams are ranked so it should be a good one!



It's so easy for the kids. All they have to do is sit and relax. The adults get to carry all the stuff. Or should I say Joey gets to carry all of the stuff? At least he has a beer in hand! :)



At our friend's tailgating spot enjoying the day being outside. The kids had so much fun. Wyatt did really good on his first tailgating experience!



Joey, are those reading glasses????? LOL!



Aidan's birthday was just a couple of days away but why not celebrate on LSU campus? :) We all sang Happy Birthday and had some birthday cake!



Joey was kind enough to take the boys home while me and my sister enjoyed the actual game at the stadium (thanks Joey!!). 'Enjoy' is not the word that comes to mind though. Although we won, the game was a bit frustrating. I guess with Les Miles, you just have to get used to that. :(



So that's it. Oh yeah, I almost forgot...Wyatt now has 12 teeth. His 4 1st year molars have already come in. It's been fun for sure. : He also moved to the next Toddler room at Daycare so he gets to play in the playground instead of on the wooden deck (both are outside). He seems to be doing fine in the new class but we notice he's fussy sometimes when we come to pick him up at the end of the day. The ladies say it starts when the other parents start to pick their kids up and he sees that it's not us so he starts to cry. He did the same thing when we left him at the church nursery once so we could attend mass. Poor thing. :( But the good news is, no more pacifier! He was only using it to sleep at night anyway so we decided it was time to get rid of it. It was a tough first few nights...for about 5 minutes each night. He didn't win that one. :)

So here are some random 'Wyatt' pics from the month:

Enjoying the kiddie pool one last time...He hears an airplane!...and he just likes to be inside things.



Messy hair after a nap...Still loves that swing...Sporting his bookbag the Flanagans gave him for his birthday.



Yes, this is how we find him many times in his crib. It used to freak us out (could he suffocate??) but now I just think it's cute. He does it in the car too apparently (this was on our way to Louisiana to tailgate for the LSU game).



We have a few bands to go see next month, as well as a wedding in Port Aransas to attend, and Halloween! Looking forward to it!

0 comments: