Brent and I had the opportunity to get away over the weekend to witness the exchange of vows between our 2 dear friends, Mandon and Kristi. They got married in Port Aransas, Texas and Brent's band (The Barking Spiders) was asked to play. Even better! And needless to say...good times were had!! Well...with just a couple of 'minor' mishaps... :(
Early in the morning, we dropped Wyatt off in Weimar as the grandparents graciously accepted the offer to watch him. :) As expected, Wyatt headed straight for the swing. Ahhh....life is good. Lol. That boy would live on a swing if we let him!! I knew that at least he would be happy when we left since he was on the swing.
Then, we headed over to Port Aransas and the fun began. Brent went with some of the guys to take a dip in the water while I got ready and anxiously waited for the LSU Tigers to kickoff the game against Auburn. I at least got to watch the first half of the game but unfortunately, Les didn't have much luck during this game because we ended up losing (mishap #1 = Yanira not too happy). Brent shook his head as I kept saying "I can't believe we lost!" during the early part of the wedding/reception. I really couldn't believe we lost! I knew I just had to get over it. :)
Some pre-wedding pics:
Anyway, the vows were exchanged, the toasts were made, pictures were taken, food was served, and the band began to play. What else could you ask for? Well, not mishap #2. My insulin pump decided to stop functioning after we had dinner. Did I mention we were in Port Aransas? Actually, we were in Mustang Island which is more in the middle of nowhere...and the nearest 24 Walgreens was more than 30 minutes away! So my only option was to drive there to get the supplies I needed. I felt bad for Brent because he was worried the whole time I was gone (he had to stay to play with the band) but I assured him I would be fine. And I was...once I knew I had everything I needed. Thank goodness. So, the band continued to play, the people danced, and even some (including the groom!) karaoked. And later in the evening, some decided to take on a foot race so we walked over to the beach to watch. Even my hubby participated in one! Boys will be boys. It was quite amusing actually. Emil...I am so proud of you!!! Can't believe Brent 'barely' beat you! Heehee.
The couple exchanging vows and finally as husband and wife:
Some pics below of the band playing, Brent and Mandon singing, and Brent and I with the happy couple.
Mandon and Kristi, we had a really wonderful time...thank you so much for inviting us to be a part of your big day! We wish you the best life together and we hope to visit you soon in Bend!!! And to the Barking Spiders, you guys ROCKED! Thanks for the great entertainment! I took some videos! ;)
Wyatt seemed to have a good time in Weimar, as well. He helped Grammy feed the horses apples, he got to swing some more, he played outside alot, he watched the rain with Grandpa for a bit, he read books, he rode in the gator with the grandparents...etc. Wow! So busy!! And so good to know but I couldn't wait to pick him up today! While it was great to have had the time away with my hubby, I missed Wyatt so much!! But many thanks to the grandparents for taking good care of him while we were at the wedding. We know he is in great hands when he is with you (and of course, we are getting you a car seat for Wyatt for the future in the event of an 'emergency'). ;)
Looking forward to Halloween this weekend!!!
Monday, October 25, 2010
Welch Wedding
Posted by Brent and Yanira at 9:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment