Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fall is Here...Or Is It?

The weather this month was a bit unpredictable. We had perfect weather days, cool days, and even some warm days. It got to the point where I would have to check the temperature every morning before I got Wyatt dressed for daycare because of the uncertainty. Kind of hard to believe it was fall already. Regardless, looking back at this month's picture, I can say I am grateful for being able to partake in a lot of outdoor activities with the family (so we must have had a lot of perfect weather days!).

One Sunday, we invited the Chowdhary's (our neighbors across the street) to join us for one of the Astros games. They have a little girl just a few months older than Wyatt and we all had a good time. Wyatt looked adorable in his Astros gear (as Brent noted...future 'Stros Manager). Lol. He didn't care to wear the cap so it didn't last very long on him. It's new to him so it may take a few times for him to get used to it. :) Below, some pics at the game. The kids are just too cute together.



Once I saw this picture (left), I remembered us taking a similar picture (right) when Wyatt was just 6 weeks old when we took him to his first Astros game:



Our friends that recently moved to Denmark were in town for a few days so they stopped by for dinner that evening. Below, just a couple of pics catcing up with Ruben and Lindsay and the guys playing music. Thanks for taking time out to see us guys! We missed ya!



We did have many nice days this month so we took advantage and went to the park a few times. Wyatt now loves the slide (can you tell). :) The first few pics are from the park near our house and the other ones are from the play area at Memorial Park.



Static from the slide. I love this pic. :)



Is Wyatt going to be a skateboarder just like his daddy? I'll tell ya...the boy LOVES that skateboard! Below are pics to prove it (skating different times throughout the month)... I am sure daddy is thrilled but mami is a bit hesitant. He did get his first skateboard injury at the skate park (hit his forehead on the concrete) so at least that's out of the way (no that any other injuries won't be a big deal!). But he's getting the hang of it (unfortunately for mami).



Here are just a few of my favorite Wyatt Pics from this month.

Just playing in our yard:



I just had to post a pic of his curls:



At Hermann Park eating a cracker:



Playing at the park near our house again:



Some milestones worth mentioning: At Wyatt's 15 month appointment, he weighed 24 lbs and measured 31 1/2 inches. He is now saying 'agua' (water) and 'mas' (more). He can sign 'mas/more' and 'please' (which helps us alot!). He's even helping to take off his shirt when I undress him. He's finally starting to use toothpaste when he brushes his teeth. He has started to love raisins/craisins. He's also getting the hang of drinking out of a cup and using the spoon (see pics below). Not so good is the fact that he has started throwing temper tantrums (goodness!!! definitely not fun at all!!). I was expecting this to happen much later...but sure enough, people say they can start the terrible 2's at about 15 months. No one ever told me this so I wasn't prepared! :( Oh well. We just have to learn how to deal with it/ignore him.



Other random pics from this month:

Taking the dogs to the dog park. Not an easy task sometimes...but they need to get out from time to time...and it was a gorgeous day so we didn't mind going. :)



Testing out the new family size tent before our camping trip next month. Looks nice and roomy! And it was so easy to put together!



Wyatt testing out the 'Cowles family traveling chair' that is now in our possession. This was grammy's (Brent's mom) chair and they had it re-upholstered recently. He likes it! But he can't become attached as it will go to another member of the family at some point. Great idea!



Helping daddy with the lawn mower.



Daddy showing Wyatt how to use the bat to hit the ball.



Going for a bike ride with mami and daddy.



Hanging out with daddy.



Wyatt's new kicks (size 5 1/2 W). They are just like daddy's. I thought this was adorable. And he started wearing Crocs too. He LOVES them! Even when he's wearing his sneakers, he brings the Crocs over to us to put them on him. :)



We seldom take pictures of just the 2 of us so this one from the Built to Spill concert at House of Blues had to be posted. :) This month we did good on 'adult' time - we had 1 date night (Mucky Duck), 2 outings with friends (Built to Spill and Dawes shows), and a wedding (the Welchs!).



I had bought all the stuff for child proofing the cabinets months ago. When Wyatt got to the liquor cabinet, Brent knew it was time to take action. Hahaha!! No one messes with our liquor! :)



Wyatt insisted on sitting in the laundry basket (why does every child do this??) while watching the football games one Saturday. The Longhorns beat Nebraska! Woohooo!!!



Now, on to Halloween!!! We had several Halloween events this month - a trip to the pumpkin patch at the Nature Discovery Center, Zoo Boo at the Houston Zoo, Halloween Party at daycare, and Halloween night. To be honest, I never really cared for Halloween (I think Brent feels the same way), but Wyatt has changed my view on this holiday. I can't promise I will ever dress up myself, but I know I will enjoy dressing him up, taking him to the pumpkin patch, carving a pumpkin, etc...just like I did this Halloween. Thanks for bringing out the kid in us buddy! :)

Wyatt did much better at the pumpkin patch this year. Last year he was asleep and I could not get him to wake up for pictures. Haha.



This was Wyatt's first time to the Houston Zoo. We went with some of the other parents from the Parents of Oakies group (our neighborhood family group). He's such a fan of animals so I knew he would LOVE it. And he did! Since they have Halloween themed events there during this time of year, we went ahead and stopped by the pumpkin patch they had.



After the zoo, we walked over to the park to see the ducks (again, it was such a nice day). He was intrigued by his shadow.



We had picked out a pumpkin when we went to the pumpkin patch at Nature Discovery Center and eventually, Brent took on the task of carving it while Wyatt and I watched. It was a fun family activity. :) Brent and I realized it had been a LONG time since we last carved a pumpkin!! See....the things you do when you have kids.... ;)



Below, a couple of shots from the Halloween party at daycare. They went all out...had activities and games and rides for the kids...even a little train that took us on a ride around a few blocks from to the daycare. Oh, and they had beer for the adults (score!). :) Aren't Wyatt's footprints adorable? Such a nice thought from his teachers...since I never really remember to do these crafty things. :(



Ahhhh...finally!! Halloween Night!! I had originally picked out a Tigger costume for Wyatt. I had not tried it on him right away but when I did, I realized it was too small lengthwise. By that time, most of the good costumes had been taken and I had no clue what he was going to wear. Well, my brother-in-law (Joey), had bought him this flight suit while he was in Korea. He even got the patch personalized with his nickname Buddy (thanks Uncle Joey!). My sister had mentioned that her 2 boys will be wearing their flight suits for Halloween so I thought, why not Wyatt?!?!?! Great idea! Brent took it a step further and suggested we slick his hair back and put some sunglasses on him (courtesy of Amber...thanks!). So he went as Iceman from Top Gun (since his hair is lighter). Lol.



We went to a neighborhood party and then went trick-or-treating with some of the parents in the area. Wyatt did good...eventually figured out he was getting some treats. :) He even had his first lollipop (and he loved it way too much).



When we came back, we sat outside and handed out candy to some of the local trick-or-treaters. So proud of Wyatt for staying up a little late! :)



What a great month! Next month...the highlights are camping for Brent's birthday and Thanksgiving in Miami!

0 comments: