It was Brent's birthday last Friday and we celebrated the weekend camping at Guadalupe State Park. It was the first really cold weekend we've had (of course). It was so cold at night that Wyatt had to sleep in my sleeping bag both nights. Made me wish he had his own sleeping bag. Haha.
Other than being on the chilly side (although the days ended up being really nice), it was a good laid back celebration (which was perfect for Brent). Hope you had a great birthday, my love!!!
On our drive to the park, we couldn't get enough of Wyatt making animal noises. He pretty much had the 'mooing' and 'meowing' down but the pig noises were new and we thought it was just hilarious. I should get a video of him making these noises. He would get a kick out of it when he's older. ;)
A few pics below from the drive. Taking a nap, getting to know the animals (favorite book by far), and enjoying the front seat (no, I didn't let him sit with me in the front until we entered the park...just in case you were wondering :)).

Brent taking a dip in the Guadalupe River as soon as we arrived. I wouldn't dare...I am sure the water was cold and I am a weanie when it comes to that. The dogs didn't mind it one bit.
The campfire and grilling some fajitas!! And of course, the guys providing some entertainment. Thanks Emil and Doug for making it out to the park!!!
Once Wyatt was in my sleeping bag and warm, he slept. But it took a long time to get him there...it was a long night for mommy. And not to mention, he was teething so that didn't help. But, in the end, it was ok.
Molly on guard and Wyatt having his fruit cup for breakfast.
Going to check out the river in the morning.
There was a decent playground by our campsite so we took Wyatt there for a little bit. They didn't have a bucket swing but he insisted on going on the 'big kid' swing. I think he fell pretty hard one time. :( But all was good as long as I kept swinging him. He loved going down the slide with daddy too.
It was such a pretty day on Saturday so we decided to explore some of the trails and the views with Doug and his boys, Jack and Daniel. Wyatt fell asleep pretty quickly (I swear, this child carrier does wonders!).
Back at the campsite, Brent getting his mandolin ready. 1-2-3 shred!!! ;)
Jack enjoyed entertaining Wyatt throughout the weekend.
Mommy and Wyatt taking a snack break.
Wyatt helping out with the firewood. He was really determined!!
The campsite.
More entertainment.
The boys fishing in the river.
Justin and Katherine arrived Saturday afternoon. We had a good time hanging out by the river (including the dogs). Can you tell? Check out Wyatt's expression in the last pic below. Lol.

Doug's wife, Beth, and daughter, Georgia, also came out to the park to join us. Doug playing the mandolin with Georgia below. I am impressed.
Singing Happy Birthday to Brent. Thanks Justin and Katherine for bringing the cake!! :)

I loved the mornings. So quiet, making coffee, going down to the river...that's what it's all about...taking it all in.

Brent making breakfast. Wyatt looks tired here...again, the child carrier does wonders!
I loved how the kids were able to entertain themselves by playing cards (as Wyatt looks on). They did other stuff too, like play with the football, and gather stick for the campfire, etc.
The tent has already been taken down but Wyatt was not ready to leave.
Wyatt wasn't the only one enjoying the slide at the playground. :)
Time to go! Thank you Guadalupe State Park!!!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Brent's Birthday Weekend - Guadalupe State Park
Posted by Brent and Yanira at 12:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment